everything is worth celebrating
collaboration > competition
everyone has a little Beyonce in them
building relationships is a perk of the biz
people are beautiful
there are moments that demand creative imagery
relationships > social media likes
good photos are the product of careful cultivation
the greatest memories are made out of one simple moment at a time
good photos should be timeless
Chief Happiness Officer // Photographer // Closet Perfectionist // Professional Friend
Chadwick studied graphic design at PLNU and came from a family of artists and social butterflies. He enjoys all things social: coffee, wine, hosting/bartending (same thing), connecting people across communities, and making people feel just pretty darn great. He has the creative edge of a panther and can dance harder than Justin Timberlake. Chadwick loves new friends and he loves taking photos.
Email warrior // Photographer // Achieve-aholic // Studio Manager
Jenika is obsessed with learning and progress. Though Chadwick may have taught her the ropes, she brings the balance and ups the ante. Jenika IS empathy in its purest form. She feels deeply and has the energy levels of a crazy 5-year-old. One day she’ll chase her passion of starting a ranch full of rescue/adopted animals with a brood full of kids, but until then she’s the other half to Gantes.Co and a damn good half.
Intern // Morale Booster // Full-Time Cuddler // Personal Trainer
Frank is Gantes.Co’s biggest fan. Since adopting him, our little hearts have tiny explosions every time he greets us after a shoot. He’s the life of every party yet also can be known to enjoy a quiet talk by the couch, just the two of you. He helps keep us balanced with his strict regiment of morning walks, lunch break cuddle sessions, and evening strolls. He claims it’s good for us to get outside and helps us stay creative…He is so wise.
I could go on for pages & pages about everything we loved about working with the Gantes’. However, in the hopes that you will read this entire review, I will keep it as brief as I can (it will still be way too long because I can’t help but rave about them). From beginning to end, the Gantes were simply perfect. During the planning process, I would e-mail Jenika way too many questions about things that had nothing to do with wedding photos. She always responded promptly and graciously to my numerous questions. The moment my husband and I met the Gantes, we felt like we were old friends. For two people who definitely do not like to be behind the lens, they made us feel incredibly comfortable, from engagement photos to first look to all the other wedding photos. Not to mention, they are FUN. We seriously had a blast hanging out with them and received countless compliments from our wedding party/attendees about how amazing our photographers were. If you are not already convinced to hire them, our photos turned out LITERALLY PERFECT. Flawless, timeless, stunningly beautiful. All I can say is hire them, and it will be the best decision you make for your wedding day.”
You guys were such a big help to us. Calming, cool, and an inspiration as husband and wife. We knew that working together would be awesome, but it surpassed our expectations.
We had a great experience with Gantes.Co. They are both personal and professional. Their photos are amazing and original. I can’t believe the clarity of the photographs and how they captured us!
Chadwick + Jenika are super talented in what they do and are the absolute best! They captured so much love and happiness in our photos with immense creativity, and documented our most treasured memories beautifully. The two of them are such a joy to be around, and they made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. Having them be a part of our big day was such a dream! Gantes Co., you are our favorite duo, and we love you so!
xo, Michael + Lindsey
We could not be more happy with our breathtaking wedding & engagement photos! You guys not only have outstanding talent, but you also make photos fun and laid back. We will recommend you to everyone we know.
They are so talented and such a joy to work with. My fiance and I are not very comfortable in front of the camera, but Chad and Jenika made the entire experience so much fun! They instantly made us feel at ease. And, dare I say it, I think instantly became friends forever too! They make the experience so joyful, I feel like you can really see it in the photographs.
It was really nice to have them be such a comfortable and calm presence during a busy wedding day. Choosing the right photographer can be a really difficult thing because at times it can feel like such a gamble and no one wants to deal with a bad photographer. There is no gamble with the Gantes’ because they will do a fantastic job. Our photos were beyond what we expected and hoped for. Plus, Chadwick can really dance!
Chad and Jenika photographed our wedding last weekend and we could not be happier with the result! Working with them was one of the true joys of planning our wedding; and when we did see them on our wedding day it was like seeing old friends again. They are such a comforting presence – we felt so relaxed and ready to enjoy our wedding day! I can’t imagine my wedding day without them! (Also, we definitely recommend getting their photobooth Amigo Booth – it was so much fun and all our guests loved it!)
Yesssss! Collaboration is key to making good photos so we want to make sure you’d have fun hanging out with us. Start by taking a look at our site and past shoots. There’s tons of different styles out there and we want to make sure you’re into ours before you book. Good there? Okay – Do you like to have fun? Are good photos important to you? Are you willing to get a little silly and let your personality shine through? Do you like any of the following: good food, good coffee, good wine/beer/booze, good books, pups, the Lakers, the outdoors, good design, clean design? If you answered yes to at least one of the above, things look promising. Let’s hang out.
Fill out the snazzy “Contact Us” form below or email us at [email protected] We can’t wait to hear from ya!
Not a question, but we admire your honesty! Let’s be real though, unless you have some superpower that let’s you love everything about yourself, having your photo taken can be intimidating. We know this. We’ve experienced this. And we’d like to think that there is a better way. Having your photo taken shouldn’t feel like a test where you’re expected to perform. We will help you. We will make it more fun. We’ll give you ideas. It’s a collaboration.
We primarily use Canon bodies and lenses. If gear is your thing, reach out to Chadwick directly as he can nerd out on this stuff for hours. Our typical bag is filled with 2 Canon 5DmkIV, 2 Canon 35mm f/1.4L, Canon 85mm f/1.2L, Canon 50mm f/1.2L, and the Canon 135mm f/2L with some fun tricks we toss in here and there. We have a few other film cameras if you feel like letting us get all old school on ya.
Chadwick shot his first wedding on a Canon Rebel in 2008. No, we are not going to show you those photos.
Jenika shot her first wedding with Chadwick in 2012. He created some elaborate “lessons” to test her photography mettle and decided she had some pretty dang complimentary skills to balance his own.
Little old Gantes.Co was founded in Jan. 2014.
But we’ve been doing “this” – getting to know, understand people/clients, dream up grander imagery options, tell stories, and document life from what feels like forever. It’s a skill we feel we’ve been made to cultivate from the time we were littles.
I know, I know. Budgets are rough, schedules get crazy, cutting it can seem like the easy call. But honestly, this session is one thing we’re pretty big believers in. Much of our style is built around getting to know each other. We want you to get comfortable with us, find what makes you guys YOU GUYS, and get you ready for what to expect on the big day. It’s like a double date basically. No pressure, just get some photos of you guys in your element. Where ever that may be – your home, favorite local spot, shooting in a place you feel comfortable and that sounds fun. We’ll walk, we’ll chat, we’ll get to know each other and snap some photos while we’re at it. Wedding photos are awesome, but it’s these quiet, little moments that can be some of the most special to look back on. We’ll work with you to create some authenticity and get you used to our style. Then by the wedding, you’ll be pros!!!
So to recap:
1. Most people don’t LOVE getting their photo taken. The eng. session gives you guys a chance to get comfortable with us in front of our cameras. We try to make it fun! We get to know you guys. See how you interact and find your best moments/cuddles/laughing faces/what makes you YOU!
2. We DO NOT do matching khaki/awkward seductive photos like here or here (no offense to them! Some people like this stuff. We don’t. If you don’t. That’s a good sign)
3. We do very relaxed sessions that hopefully allow your personalities to come out. We will give you suggestions of what do so you don’t feel awkward standing in front of us trying to think of something to do.
4. These are the photos that are often more timeless. Your wedding photos will be amazing and oh so special but these ones, in your “normal” clothes. These are usually the faves.
Yay! We can’t wait to hang. Often couples email us asking for tips/tricks to be “ready” for the shoot but this will look different for everyone. Here are some basics to make you feel more at ease:
1) Just show up. Really. We can work with that. If you’re feeling generous, read on.
2) Wear something you feel good in! You want to feel comfortable and as much like yourself as possible as that confidence will radiate through your images. Don’t worry about trying to match and have fun with it! Wear something you know love or buy something fancy and werk it. You’re welcome to bring a change of outfits too if you want to switch halfway. It’ll give you some more variety in your images and sneakily make it look like you had your photos taken 2 different days aka magic
3) It’s going to feel funny for the first few minutes. Fact. Most of us don’t have photographers following us around every day. We will help you! We’re not expecting you to pose or model for us. We want to create an atmosphere where you can try to forget about us being there and have fun with the day. We’ll give you ideas of things to do to get you to interact in a more normal/authentic way. We’ll keep it moving and try to trick you into having fun! Don’t overthink it, we’re here to help 🙂
4. Be excited. Seriously? Yep. Go in to this shoot prepared for awesomeness to ensue. Positive thinking is a real deal people and you’re about to spend the day with the person you’re going to spend forever with. So make a day out of it. Spend the morning together. Get coffee or a shot or both (it’s happened, we support it) together and there you go – instant adventure date day.
5. Forget we’re there if necessary. You don’t even have to look at our cameras for most of it. We’ll ask you to look at us for some (parents love those frozen smile-at-the-camera photos, so we’ll definitely get a few 😉 but in general, we want to just document you two having fun, doing your thing, oh and cuddling. When in doubt, cuddle up. You don’t have to perform for us, focus on each other. Laugh at them, smile at them, nuzzle them, enjoy each other, whatever you do, do that.
Chadwick – The baby of a unicorn and a sloth
Jenika – Well, Frank is pretty much me in dog form but otherwise a horsey.
YESSSS! Jenika loves this. We’ve obviously been to an event or two and know when the lighting is at its best. Hit us up and we’ll dream up the most efficient, smooth-sailing, picture perfect plan.
The second they’re ready we’ll shoot you an email with a link to a lovely little online gallery. From there you can view, download, share, favorite, and even order prints. We’ll keep it live for a few months so you have time to swoon, download and then back ’em up real nice so you’re set. Most of our packages additionally include a USB of all your hi-res images for quick + easy viewing/saving. With both, you’ll have full personal printing rights meaning you can print them wherever your heart desires. No need to print through us (though we have that as an option if you want some real, nice ones).
Since we personally hand-edit and are also perfectionists…these things take time. Weddings take about 8-12 weeks. Engagement/portrait sessions take 6-8 weeks. Commercial work depends on the deliverables/shot list.
The Amigobooth is:
– A fun, techy twist on the old-school photobooth
– An easy-to-use, get your guests excited about the party, instant way to create professional-grade images from your event
– An open-air “booth” that encourages freedom of expression, creativity, and all-around good times
– A smarter booth that sends all your images to “the cloud” via wifi and instantly loads them to a gallery your guests can view, email themselves, and share
But we LOVE to travel & work all over the globe